14.10.13

Day 193


Today was my last regular visit with the folks at Red River Health and Wellness. I did it! I graduated! There was no cap and gown. My parents weren't there to congratulate me. I shook hands with my amazing doctor and was sent on my way. I will be back for a follow up in 3 months and then periodically check in every 6-12 months after that. It's all on me now. No more doctors to answer to. The real test begins!


I can't believe it's already been 27.5 weeks. 6.5 months. I haven't had a piece of bread or a glass of milk or a Crunchwrap Supreme for the most of 2013. This is craziness! It feels like I just started, and that I have been doing this my whole life. In the past 193 days I have eaten more sweet potatoes than most people will in their lifetime. Potato chips and dark chocolate are my "junk food" and soups are the best Gluten Free meals out there.

But it's not all about the food (okay, it's 95% about the food). I have also been able to run 4 times the distance I was ever able to run before. I no longer have stomach pain every day. (translation: I NEVER have stomach pain) My skin is "supermodel smooth" and my energy level is that of a normal 23 year old.

You guys! I'm healthy! I feel amazing! I am living the way my body was meant to live. I am enjoying my life the way I deserve and I couldn't be happier!

These past 193 days have changed my life. And the next 193 will be just as exciting. I don't know if I will ever love Quinoa and I'm sure I will always secretly want a York Peppermint Patty shoved in my mouth, but I will learn and grow just like I have learned and grown the past 6 months. It's a process, and I'm nowhere near the finish line.

You probably don't really totally care, and that's cool. I probably wouldn't care if I was on your end either. Health is such an individual thing, it's hard to share that feeling with other people. I do want to publicly thank everyone who has supported me and listen to me whine, cry, yell and pout. Especially Bart. I couldn't have made it through this program without him by my side. He is my rock and I know I can do anything if he is cheering for me. It's a nice feeling knowing there is at least one person always in my corner...even if that corner is occupied by a crazy person who cries at candy commercials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...