I made the best chili tonight I had two big bowls and felt satisfied for the first time in a long time!
I have a hard time with recipes because I usually have to leave something out, but I found this treasure and was so excited that I could have everything on the list! The chef comes on our shows regularly and she always has the best recipes, I will definitely be using this one again and again!
Slow Cooker Turkey and Black Bean Chili
1 diced onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups beef broth
1 lb ground turkey
1 (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes with juice
2 (14.5 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup salsa (mild, medium or hot...whatever you prefer)
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp cumin
1/4 cup lime juice
Fresh cilantro, to taste
Salt and pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add in the onion and cook for about 4 minutes. Then add in the ground turkey and brown for about 5 minutes. Add onions and turkey to slow cooker.
2. Add in the tomatoes, black beans, refried beans, salsa, chili powder and cumin.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for about 6 hours.
4. Stir a bit and then add in lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Ladle into serving bowls and top with as much (or as little) cilantro as you want!