23.6.11

The Dealio

So it is official, Bart and I are leaving the wonderful world of Cache Valley. He got a job at Jefferson Junior High in SLC and it's an opportunity we couldn't pass up. He will be teaching Health, the subject that he loves to hundreds of little 8th graders (poor guy). We are very excited for this new step.

We are also really mad that we have to move again seeing as how we JUST got settled into our new place. Oh well, we are hopefully going to find a place with a tub and some cupboard space! As well as a place where we get direct sunlight so I can get my dang plants back into my life!
We will be moving probably the first of August, depending on where we find a place to live. I am currently figuring out the University of Utah situation..and praying I will be able to get everything transferred and figured out. I am not excited to wear red. I have always hated red, and will continue to hate red. However, that being said, I will not be the student that wears the wrong school shirt on campus. I have heard countless complaints about that happening here at USU and I won't be a hypocrite? On the other hand, if and when the U plays USU I will be sporting my blue until further notice.

I am really sad to be leaving behind my great job, and friends and opportunities here in Logan. I have grown to love Logan and call it my home. I dread having to drive down there -and this is coming from the girl who drove on those freeways every day from ages 16-19-. I also realized yesterday as Bart and I were canoeing that nature isn't going to be around the corner anymore. This is also interesting because until about a year ago I didn't really care about nature, but this summer I have been looking forward to becoming a granola-y person.

I am exteremly happy, nervous, aprehensive, excited and stressed. This is such an amazing opportunity for Bart and we had to make the best decision for our family. Logan changed my life and I will always remember the past 2 1/2 years here.

3 comments:

  1. buuut, just because you won't wear the wrong shirt doesn't mean you have to wear the red ones, either. You could just wear non-school-related shirts. You're a true aggie and you better keep it that way!

    I'm really excited for you both, everything will work out and it sounds like there are a lot of advantages to things going this way, besides bart having a job. love you lots and we better hang out before we both leave the valley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want you to leave!! You better come visit at least... When will you be moving? I need a haircut before then ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the nature comment. I would kill to be able to go jump in a river, or lake. But, besides that this is great for you guys, congratulations. (isn't 8th grade health when sex ed starts?)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...