19.10.15

Molars and Halloween

HI!! (hand wave emoji)

It's been three weeks since my last blog post. Whoops! Mostly because I just don't have a lot to say and mostly because I would rather be sitting on my couch watching Fall TV when I have a free evening.

But Mckenzie is currently cutting 2 molars so I felt the mama-instinct to document for later referral. Exhilarating- I know! 14.5 months and getting tooth #9 and #10. She actually hasn't gotten a new tooth for almost 4 months- no wonder she was in such a fabulous mood! Now we're back to even more dramatic fits of
*crying
- why am I crying?
- oh yeah I remember why
*more fits of crying.

today she had a fit in her adorable Owl hat from her Halloween costume that she refuses to take off. She was the cutest and saddest owl I've ever seen!

This is the first year I'm actually excited for Halloween. Even as a pre-teen and teenager I didn't like Halloween. As a preteen I was always left out of my "friend's" planned group costumes. As a teen I never felt the desire to dress like a s l u t and then in later years I never saw the appeal of going to a party where everyone was drinking in their slutty costumes but me. Designated driver you'rewelcome.

The first Halloween Bart and I were married I threw a party that I think 3 people came to. We dressed up like Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox. Our costumes were awesome, my party was a failure. Since then we've gotten dressed up for different 5K's. My personal favorite was when we dressed up as a dog and cat so we were "a dog chasing a cat" during the race. GET IT?? Last year Mckenzie was only a few months old and had a lovely blow-out in her Cow costume before any pics could be taken. Every year we turn off the porch light and crawl into bed by 9pm on Halloween night. So like I said, not my fav.

Creativity. 2011


Dog v. Cat 2013


BUT THIS YEAR I HAVE A CHILD WHO CAN WALK AND WHO HAS THE MOST ADORABLE COSTUME EVER!!! So I think it will be fun. Bart and I got amazing skeleton costumes so we will be looking quite fabulous ourselves. I am signed up to run the Haunted Half Marathon in SLC this weekend. Plus my mom is having a Halloween party AND we have plans to go out with friends who have a little girl Mckenzie's age to trick or treat. My social calendar is full for the first time in my life. Let's all take a moment to congratulate me.

*cue full circle*

So back to my child's teeth.....I'm in the mood to write a complete Macs update that will include 3480 pics and a different post that will give my 2 cents on THIS article.....so STAY TUNED

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...