27.10.15

New Recipe: Butternut Squash Soup

For the past two weeks we have had pumpkin and squash recipes galore on the show. I've never had butternut squash soup before, but my in-laws gave us one from their garden so I needed to figure out a way to eat it! 

I become quite the chef during football season! Part because Bart isn't here to feed me, and part because I get so bored that I end up in the kitchen experimenting. 

I found a really easy recipe online and switched it up a bit. It was so easy, a little time consuming, but really yummy in the end! Since this is my first bowl, I don't have a lot to compare it to, but I still say it's good! 


Butternut Squash Soup 
Makes 6-7 servings 

- 4 cups cubed squash 
- 1 handful of baby carrots diced 
- 1/4 diced onion 
- 2T olive oil 
- 1T celery powder (or diced celery if you have it)
- 4C chicken broth 
- 1tsp Thyme
Salt and pepper 

In large stock pot heat oil and add onion, carrots and celery powder. Cook until onion is translucent. 

Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. 

Simmer 20-30 minutes or until fork goes through squash easily. 

Pour portions of mixture into blender. ( I have a blendtec and had to split it up in thirds and mix separately). 

Blend until completely smooth. 

Enjoy! It's just that easy. It's so creamy and flavorful. Not too sweet- a very healthy and delicious choice for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...