28.8.11

Chronicle v. Statesman



So I have my first assignment tonight for the Daily Utah Chronicle, which is not nearly as awesome as the Utah Statesman but hey, I am down to slim pickins.  (Plus they pay $20-$35 an article, which is dang good compared to the Statesman....but I still like the Statesman better obviously :)

Anyway, I have this event to cover tonight which I am already not happy about because it is Sunday and I already had to work all day today so the last thing I want to do is drive up to that stupid campus and attend this thing. I am kind of nervous because I have been trying since Thursday to get a hold of the people in charge of this event but NO ONE has called or emailed me back. Seriously? I am going to have to waltz in there demanding who is in charge so I can talk to someone, which I really hate doing. I don't have the balls yet as a journalist to do my job, and that is problematic sometimes, including this time. I just need to suck it up and hunt them down one. by. one.


Also, the wonderful University of Utah hasn't gotten my financial aid figured out yet so come September 6th, I might not be going to school this semester, which is just awesome because that means I would have to work full time at my new job where insane people work. Yay, can't wait for THAT to happen.


p.s. When I say insane, I truly mean insane, but I am not minding it too much....it makes me feel like I am the most normal person in this small strange world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...