14.3.15

Book Review: Still Alice

I need some book reccomendations!  I am in a bit of a funk. My little bro gave me a Jodi Picoult book for Christmas and I just don't like it! I haven't been able to finish it which is really werid. Usually those are 24 hour books for me.

So instead I picked up "Still Alice" at the Harmon's checkout line when I took a sick day from work and read it by the end of the evening. It was so captivating! I couldn't stop thinking/talking about it for a few days which is a dead giveaway that I loved it. I guess it's been out for a while and the movie is now in theaters (which is probably why the book was in the checkout stand). My next goal is to see the movie!




It's about a Harvard professor who learns she has early onset Alzheimer's. The book is written from her point of view and you slowly start to feel like you're losing your own mind right along with her. It's heartbreaking and I quickly grew to hate the husband. It's such a fascinating and scary concept- literally losing your mind. It was so sad to read and it didn't really have a happy ending. It was written beautifully and there was never a dull moment. During the random parts of my day that I wasn't reading I did feel a little off and like I was forgetting things. Those of you who get totally consumed in a book will understand what I'm talking about. It made me think of my own life and what if that happened to me? It made me so grateful to know that I have Bart who would love me and take care of me, but it's still a pretty sad book. Really fascinating and thought provoking- but sad. That being said- READ IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...