22.9.15

Book Review: We Were Liars

I'm currently binge reading which means I'll be binge book reviewing. You're welcome!


We Were Liars by E. Lockhart has been on my list to read for a long time, but I never bought it. (which is weird because I usually have zero problem buying books!) But since getting my library card a few weeks ago I have been going crazy with reserving all the books I've been waiting to read, including this one.

I didn't know what to expect and I've never read anything from this author before. Just like every other book when I'm binge reading- I read this one in a day and a half. It was a really easy read and I was able to get through it quickly. Through the first 90% of the book I was entertained, but not super hooked or anything. The plot seemed a little weak and a little light for an entire book. The main characters are young teenagers so it felt very young teenager-esk. Don't get me wrong- I love an easy "way below my reading level and age group" book just like the next guy.

Then the last chapter happen and MY MIND WAS BLOWN. Seriously. I think it reached the same level as when I finished Jodi Picoult's latest book. I just didn't even see this little (BIG) plot twist coming. I had to read the first line of that chapter a few times to make sure my brain was connecting all the dots. WHAT?? It made the book 100 times better. I was really happy as I finished it. Feeling totally satisfied as a reader. Bravo to authors who risk having people NOT finish their book because all the juicy goodness is literally at the very end of the book.

If you're looking for a fun, quick read with an amazing ending- check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...