13.10.11

Surviving I-15

So it's fall break this week, which would have been much cooler if I had classes more than 2 days a week but hey, I will take what I can get! Anyway, fall break just means professors load you up with shiz to do before you leave, expecting it when you get back, so enjoying the break is kind of hard...unless you are someone like me who has enjoyed the break up until today because I have procrastinated all of the assignments except maybe two that I was supposed to do.

I was planning on having such a productive day too until I found out I had to drive to Orem to get my immunizations for the U or they will place a hold on my registration. Yes ladies and gentlemen, I drove from Salt Lake to Orem back to Salt Lake and LIVED! It was a miracle. I can tell I-15 is going to be incredible when it's completed, but only then. I couldn't believe all the changes that were already done, and luckily I went in the middle of the morning so I didn't have to deal with traffic. AND THEN I stopped at WinCo on my way home because I have heard so many great things about it and oh my it was pretty dang cool. If it wasn't so far away I would go there regularly for all my grocery needs.

So moral of the story? I was going to be productive today but then I had to drive to Orem and that took all my spirits away. I did take a nap after getting home after realizing none of my reading was going to get done and the nap was nice. I am still not able to curl up in a ball/fetal position without getting in all sorts of pain from my surgery, but after I fixed that situation my nap went pretty well.

And now here I am, trying to read a Linguistics article and understand it well enough to teach it to my class on Thursday. Luckily it is one of those classes that 3-5 select students talk the whole time, so I figure I should be able to wing it for the first part and let them take the reigns for the rest of it.

However, my morning was quite nice. I signed up for a trainer at the gym because lets face the facts, I am not mean enough to myself to push my body to where it should be and I really like those jeans I haven't been able to wear for way too long. So anyway, trainer was nice. I asked for a girl because guy trainers are annoying and egotistical and think you are hitting on them because why wouldn't I hit on such a "hot" guy? So yeah, I asked for a girl. I can tell the next few weeks/months are going to be rough but I am so excited. I went outside and ran around for 40 minutes this morning. Of course I stuck to the cemetery across the street and the block of our apartment because I don't know if there are dogs not on leashes in the other parts of town so until I can explore those places with a weapon that will keep me safe, I will stick to the cemetery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...