20.8.14

2 weeks and extra hands

I'm trying to write out "The a Birth Story" but since my writing is limited to my right thumb on my phone keypad most moments I'm not getting very far!


My mom has the week off and has been coming over to help me the last few days. It's amazing what an extra pair of hands can do! She has been an angel for me and it's only Wednesdays. I've been able to take a few naps and even went grocery shopping on my own. I love my squishy little girl but the short little breaks have been so nice. I know I'm supposed to take things one day at a time but I'm already wondering how next week is going to be without mom here. 

I am exclusively pumping for my hungry little hippo so being hooked to the milking machine is a pretty typical sight around here. I keep reading about "hands free pumping" and need to look into it...a lot of people say exclusively pumping is such a hassle but since I have made this decision to feed Macs with a bottle it's something I am happy to do! 

On another note: I love watching Bart be a dad! He is so sweet with her. This is his busiest and most stressful time of year but he comes home every night ready to snuggle and bond with his daughter. I look forward to evenings when we are all together (not always all fully awake, but together!) 


My little one is two weeks old! Honestly it's been the longest two weeks of my life. We have learned a lot already and we learn more every day. 

At two weeks she is growing well and within the 50% range for weight, height and head. She is finally sleeping more than she is awake and has started to take a few 3.5-4 hour naps. Doc says there is no need to wake her to feed since she is chunking up nicely. I am so blessed and thankful beyond words to have a healthy and happy baby girl 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...