15.4.12

Cheetah, Rhino and bumper stickers

sometimes I go to bed at 9 on Saturday nights because I'm really really tired. this early bedtime usually means I also wake up at 7 on Sunday mornings. I am a kind wife so I leave Bart alone and head to my blog when this happens.

at the moment I can hear our pet bird Cheetah chirping outside our window. This bird sounds like it is in our dryer vent moving around and singing his life away but after some investigation we decided that wasn't what was happening-but we can still hear him loud and clear. This isn't our first make believe pet either. At our first apartment we had a really old fridge...really old. And sometimes that fridge would make chirping noises. sometimes at dinner, in the middle of the day, or when we were trying to sleep at night. to try to make light of the situation we called him Rhino and whenever we heard him we reminded the other that he just must be hungry. Cheetah isn't as annoying as Rhino was, but every once in a while we will be eating dinner and Cheetah comes to visit through the dryer vent.

if you didn't know, Bart started a blog, and it's pretty entertaining, you should check it out.

Bart and I are 29 days away from being married for one year. crazy! It feels like we just got married, and it feels like we have been together for years (which technically we have) once we got married though all of our memories from when we were dating kind of just squished in with our being married memories. don't worry, you'll get a cute blog post on our anniversary-mark your calendar. :)

hello ladies, this next part is for you:
don't have a man as a work out buddy. this said man will trump you in all of your goals, despite your greatest efforts. you won't really be mad at this man seeing as how he is toning up and lookin pretty sexy. but you will be jealous at his results because YOU work out at least twice as much and twice as hard and yet your waist line shrinks just a little, and his vanishes within a month. that being said, having an activity both of you like to do, and do together, is pretty great. like my brother said, "I think you are the only one that complains that her husband is losing weight." I'm not complaining...well maybe a little. so, moral of this story? I need a chick work out buddy to help me feel okay about my results that are slowly but surly coming.

So Sunday morning of conference Elder Uchtdorf spoke and his talk has been the one that has already impacted my life.

"This topic of judging others could actually be taught in a two-word sermon. When it comes to hating, gossiping, ignoring, ridiculing, holding grudges, or wanting to cause harm, please apply the following:

Stop it!"

As I have grown up, I have stopped doing a lot of those things. For example, I don't really gossip anymore. In high school I did (just like everyone else) but eventually I stopped and when I stopped I realized something. if you aren't talking bad about others, you don't assume people are talking bad about you. Even if people are gossiping about you, it isn't on your mind because you aren't gossiping. There is something very peaceful about never thinking/caring what people are saying about you. It just isn't on your mind. 

No, gossiping isn't my problem, but letting other people's actions bother me, is. I realized I just need to worry about myself. I need to stop caring about what other people are doing and not let it bother me. I'm not their mother, boss or life coach, and if I just worry about myself I will be much happier. 

“Don’t judge me because I sin differently than you.”

I absolutely LOVE this- even if he did quote it from a bumper sticker. I think this quote is meant for members of the church. By judging others who aren't members by not letting your kids play with their kids, or not including them in neighborhood barbecues you are judging them for sinning differently than you. I think sometimes we as members think we are above a certain line which gives us permission to judge everyone who is under it. we aren't. 

“He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone. -John 8:7


1 comment:

  1. I love this, Megan! It's all so true. Also... we strangely also had a pet fridge that chirped and we totally made jokes about it too. haha so funny.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...