19.4.12

Some Things I learned

As I mentioned before, my semester is pretty much over, and here are a few things i learned:

When making a video the first 3 scenes should go like this-
1. establishing shot
2. close up
3. medium shot

African music isn't just a bunch of noise, but you can't tell until you have learned each part of the song individually.

White balancing a camera is harder than it seems, and yes, you can tell if it was done wrong.

When writing for a magazine you use says instead of said and your opinion is allowed.

Final Cut Pro/Express requires a lot of rendering. Said rendering should be done a little at a time instead of the whole thing all at once.

Different music cultures have different modes. For example, in India it's the Ragga and in the Middle East it's the Maqam.

Just because the guy works in the tech room, doesn't mean he knows anything about the equipment.

When writing a How-To story never use How-To in the title.

A tripod is your friend, the zoom isn't.

When in doubt, say the song is poly-rhythmic. 

I have to catch the 8:11 a.m. TRAX or I'll be late. Any earlier and you get weird kids and any later I'm not on time for class.


If I move out of Utah I'll make at least double what I would make in Utah.

Second Liners are the people in the streets that dance and follow the funeral party after the burial (Jazz funerals)



I learned more than this, but my brain is a little fried so this is all the review you get

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...