24.7.16

Hi Baby Boy: 25 Weeks

Hi little man,

I'm sorry I haven't written very many letters to you. Your big sister is keeping me busy, and I'm sure that will be the theme of your life sometimes. But that's OK. I know once you get here one of you will have to wait a little longer than usual for something you want/need. It's going to be a pretty big shift for your sister. She's used to being the center of our universe and we've been happy to give her that one on one attention!

Your dad and I were joking last night about how much we're going to love you in comparison to your sister. Should I be telling you this?? Maybe not. It's just hard to believe we can love and adore anything as much as we love and adore Mckenzie. We joked and said "people tell us it's possible...but we won't believe it until we feel it". But it's only a half-hearted joke because of COURSE we're going to love you just as much. I really can't wait for you to get here. I am so excited to have another baby. I would have 10 children if I could because all that love and happiness you feel about one? Why wouldn't you want to times that by ten? I have truly loved being a mom these past 2 years, and having you join us in just over 3 months is going to be icing on the cake.

I feel you moving around in my belly much more than I ever did the first time around. My OB says the first one is always the one you feel the least. You have some pretty powerful kicks and jabs already and every once in a while it makes me jump/jerk around because it startles me! But I love it. You're moving right now and it's such an amazing feeling to know you're healthy and growing inside my belly.

This pregnancy has gone by much quicker for me. I remember when I found out I was pregnant I thought about how you'll be here just 3 months after Mckenzie turns 2 (which felt like a long time). Well Mckenzie will be 2 in less than 2 weeks! Which means we're in the home stretch and it's only a few more months before I'm holding you in my arms.

As I took a nap today I thought back to that first phase (that seems to last forever) of no sleep. So right now I'm napping almost every day, and enjoying every second of it. Your sister has always loved to sleep, so I don't see her dropping her nap anytime soon (KNOCK ON WOOD) but I would assume having 2 kids means it's pretty much impossible to get a nap fit in somewhere. But I also feel much more ready for that phase, because I've been there before and I know it ends eventually. I'm really hoping/planning on it being a little easier this time around.

Well my love, I just wanted to check in and let you know I think about you every day. Your dad and I talk about you every day, and your sister...claims you sometimes :)

Stay strong and keep growing my baby,

xoxo
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...