1.5.13

Have I Done Any Good?



I'm only 23 but sometimes I feel like I'm having a mid-life crisis. I come home, get into bed and think "what did I do today that matters?". I love my job, but it doesn't help people or make the world a better place. I talked to Bart about it and he said, "You go to work to make money, not change the world". True, but I need to find something else. Something that doesn't focus on me, but focuses on other people. I want to be proud of my day and know that I made a difference somehow....I'll let you know how the search goes.

3 comments:

  1. Go to Africa with my sister next summer! :) If I can save enough money I'd love to go to. My other sister went last spring and loved it.
    motherswithoutborders.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean. That's what I hate about the business world. I think being a mom would be rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get it!! Being a mom is rewarding but you can still fall into the same cycle you are in. Forward and upward...my new motto. Make every day count for something! And you are probably helping more people than you know everyday by just being you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...