1.1.13

My Year in Pictures

Happy New Year! 2012 was a great year and I look forward to what 2013 brings! Last night I was going through pictures and got a little collage happy. Instead of flooding my instagram (which I did anyway) I decided to share them here!

First we have "Imafatkid". These are only a few of the things created at Cafe Bowen this year. I have been experimenting with cooking more and more and Bart is a great cook. We enjoy our time in the kitchen! in 2012 I canned some peaches, learned how to make a few soups, made my first pie and of course holiday candy. Cookies are a staple at Cafe Bowen and Bart perfected his omelets this year too!

Next up is "A.M. Real Job" with just a sneak peek of my past few months at work. I have been at ABC4 since June and have learned so much! I'm lucky to work with patient people who are willing to teach me and put up with my stupid questions and silly mistakes. Having a sloth at work is just a regular day!

This next collage is simply named "Moments". I loved sitting by the Christmas tree this year with some hot cocoa. We went through a few boxes this year and I may or may not have been addicted. My niece Ameri is such a doll and I love any chance I get to spend with her. This picture was taken in the Summer as we played in the grass. The "I love you infinity" note was written one of the many mornings Bart and I were up early eating breakfast together. Sometimes notes are better than words. One of my favorite pics of the year is this cute baby elephant who was jealous of all the attention her mom was getting, so she kept peaking out behind the fence and rock. 


I really love this next collage "Family". Obviously not all of my family is shown, and that simply means I didn't have a photo of them to use! (Jenny, Dad and Jake, we need to fix this!!)

The one of Bart and I is cut off, but you have probably seen it before. I LOVE this picture of us. 

Next up is one of my fav pics of my BFF Sarah. She is such a beautiful person inside and out and I'm lucky to have her as a friend! 

The pictures of my mom and brother were both taken on the day we flew to Boise for a football game. I was terrified of the plane so my mom was trying to distract me. 

Dallin and I had great seats and it was fun having one-on-one time with him. 

The pictures of my nieces are special to me, and I'm happy I got a chance to see them in December! 

And last but not least, the picture taken with my baby sister Katie! She discovered that SheDaisy was playing in PG and we just HAD to go! It was so much fun hanging out with her. I realized that day it was really the first time her and I ever really hung out as friends AND sisters. I look forward to more days like that :)


I read a lot of books this year. A LOT. "Reading Time" shows a few of those. I went through phases where I would buy a new book every few days after I had finished a different one. Then around book 5 I realized I should probably stop buying so many and took a break....only to resume my habits a month or so later. Bart reminded me that there is a thing called a Library and to be honest that had never crossed my mind! I don't love libraries... I feel like I can't find anything good to read. These are just a few of my favorites from this year. 

My friend Chelsey was so sweet and sent me The Fault in Our Stars and I absolutely loved it. I read it within 24 hours. 

We Need to Talk About Kevin is a very good read, and it gets you thinking. 

Jodi Picoult is my favorite author and I have most of her books. I especially enjoyed her newest book Lone Wolf

Born To Run is the book that inspired Bart and I to start running. Even if you aren't a runner you should read this book. 

I discovered So Much For That one day roaming the isles of Barns and Noble. This is the kind of book you can read again and again! 

There were many others that I read in 2012, but these were some of my favs. I am always looking for new things to read, so if you have any suggestions.....suggest away!

I had a lot of fun writing this blog post today! Obviously this is only a sampling of what happened in 2012. Thank goodness for pictures right?? They making telling a story so much easier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...