9.4.13

Day 6

I figured it was time to check in! 6 days down, -insert number here- to go! To be honest, the diet hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be...here are a few thoughts.

. There are many different ways to eat chicken...learn those ways

. carrots for breakfast? why not?!!

. It's amazing to have a best friend who is going through exactly the same thing. What are the odds? God knew what he was doing when he put us together all those years ago.

. Quinoa is still nasty. I invite anyone to cook me "tasty" quinoa and bring it to me so I can learn what it's supposed to taste like.

. Apparently 80oz of water a day isn't enough...potty breaks anyone?

. a week of being sugar, dairy and process food free and my skin is breaking out like a teenager. Where's the justice in that??

. the "I feel full" feeling only lasts about an hour.....I miss you carbs....

. Coconut Milk and Almond Milk mixed together kinda sorta tastes like Fat Free normal Milk

. I felt super healthy at the grocery store. helllloooo produce aisle. 


It's amazing how your outlook on your body and health can change so drastically in such a short period of time. There is something in the brain that just switches over when you know you can't eat certain foods. There is no internal struggle or cravings because you just know the answer is no.

It's been an adjustment, but I'm doing it!



On a side note...my niece Ameri turned 6 today. I still remember going to visit just weeks after she was born. It was during one of the darkest times in my life and that baby girl invited in the sunshine just when I needed it! She's such a smart, talented and beautiful little girl and I look forward to watching her continue to grow up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...