10.2.15

Hi Baby: An apology

Hi baby,

I told you to shut up today. I was driving and you were on minute 30 of crying for no apparent reason (even though there is always a reason! My guess? You were tired and there was nothing I could do to help you). I said, "Mckenzie- just shut up". You didn't hear me and kept crying. I said a quick prayer asking for forgiveness and patience.

I wish I could say that's the last time I tell you to shut up. I hope it will be. It just reminded me that even though I feel like completely different person than I was just six months ago- I am still human and I'm still impatient and I still make mistakes.

You will learn soon enough that I'm not perfect but I hope you will always give me the benefit of the doubt and know that everything I do is with you in mind, even when I do things wrong. Patience is the virtue I could use the most help with. You are helping me with it, and for that, I thank you.

So I'm sorry for telling you to shut up. I promise I gave you extra kisses when I took you out of the car. Thanks for not holding it against me and giving me the sweetest smile ever.

xoxo
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...