6.9.11

Adventures of the ER

I need to stop watching Grey's Anatomy.

So I have had stomach pain since June right? I have been to my doctor and given medicine for an ulcer that never really worked.

Finally last night my stomach started attacking me from the inside, awful pain so we finally went to the ER around 10. It was really busy and we waited for like an hour and by the time it was my turn my stomach stopped hurting a little bit and they said it was even a longer wait, so I acted like a bitch to everyone (except Bart, because he's the bomb) and stormed out of there.

We went to bed, but at 1 this morning the pain came back "with a vengeance" as Bart put it.  Finally around 4 a.m. after an ultrasound and some lovely lovely morphine, the doctor told me I have gallstones and need surgery. I also can't eat anything with fat in it. I told Bart that at least God knows my limits... - I can give up high fat foods, but I would never be able to give up sugar-

We had some interesting neighbors though, the cream of the crop here in Murray. The first guy was a paranoid crazy person saying that his identity has been stolen and the FBI need to get involved. He also was CONVINCED his mother-in-law poisoned him, or drugged him, or something crazy like that. He was pretty fun to listen to. Our other neighbor wasn't so fun. She would scream out in "pain" every few minutes. Loud, annoying not real screams. I told the nurse giving me morphine that maybe he should go give that to her just so she will shut the hell up.

So anyway, here I am, watching Grey's Anatomy, which I should stop doing because the whole time I was there this morning I kept imagining all the drama that was going on in the hospital. I was also taken care of for a while by a Resident, and I totally know what that is, so anyway, I need to stop watching Grey's Anatomy and thinking it is real life. I will just stay here and eat my strawberries, grapes and dry cereal, and wait until I am in pain again to take some lovely lovely pain medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...