24.11.11

giving happy thanks

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have so many things to be grateful for this year it's overwhelming. Bart and I had tithing settlement Tuesday and were talking to the bishop about all the happy great things in our lives (because seriously, nothing is wrong -knock on wood-) and the bishop was great.

He said that a lot of people have this feeling that the bottom is going to fall out at any moment when their lives are going great, but that doesn't have to be the case because we are here to have a happy life and enjoy every moment! It was really comforting to hear because I know that I have been thinking, it's only a matter of time before something really bad happens because things have been perfect for too long....

I no longer feel like that though, and will just live in my happy life until something happens, and then I will get through that something just fine!

Like I said, I have been feeling extremely grateful for all that I have, I figured I could list a few things even though I am sure I will miss some stuff. These are listed in no particular order except the order that they come out in my brain so maybe it is in some kind of order? 

Bart
My very happy marriage
The blessings of the Temple
The opportunity I have to go to school
My brain that allows me to do well in school
The safe, nice place that we live
Bart's job that allows us to be financially stable
My job, even if I work with crazies
My wonderful parents and siblings
Bart's family who I love like my own
My healthy body that allows me to do so much
My true friends who I know care about me as much as I do about them
Orange Juice (haven't gotten sick yet!)
My soft warm bed 
My Gallbladder surgery that has made me feel better than I have in years
The choices I made a few years ago that have made me so happy now
My Iphone to keep me entertained in class :)

I am so excited for this weekend! The festivities will start with THANKSGIVING BREAKFAST at my parent's house which I am sooo excited for because I LOVE breakfast food. After that joyous occasion we will head over to Alpine to spend the day with Bart's family. I am sure there will be games and naps and all that good stuff in there somewhere too. I also don't have to work Friday so we get to have some fun times and Saturday we are off to the USU football game in Logan!
Did I mention I love this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...