One of the many wonderful things about my job is the chance I get to see new recipes everyday! Not only do I get to watch how the dish is made, I get to taste test after to see if it's worth it!
THIS recipe was so good I just had to make it myself! I don't take any credit in creating this tasty soup but I was able to recreate it and GOOD NEWS! It tastes just as good as when the legit chef made it.
It was totally easy to make since I just put most of the ingredients in the crock pot this morning, and then finished it off when I got home from work.
It's spicy and delish so if you're in need of a new recipe THIS IS THE ONE TO TRY!!
Slow Cooker Nacho Chicken Soup
1½ lbs. boneless chicken breasts or thighs
2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth
2 (7 oz.) cans diced green chiles
(substitute 1 can with jalapeños)
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1 cup sour cream
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
2 cups crushed nacho-flavored chips (Nacho Doritos)
1. Place about a 1/2 pound of boneless chicken breast or thighs, in the pot.
2. Add broth, chiles, a package of taco seasoning, and cream of chicken soup.
3. Cook on high 3-4 hours, or on low 6-8 hours.
About a half hour before serving, use a large slotted spoon to remove
the chicken from the pot and place in a medium-size bowl to cool slightly.
5. While it's cooling, stir sour cream, cilantro, crushed tortilla chips, cheddar, beans and corn into the soup.
6. With two large forks, shred the chicken. Return the chicken into the pot and stir well before serving.
Let each guest customize their bowl with options such as chopped
cilantro, sliced olives, chopped tomatoes or salsa, chopped red or green
peppers, diced avocadoes or guacamole, tortilla chips, grated cheese,
shredded lettuce, and hot sauce.
- "Soup's On!" by Valerie Phillips