6.7.14

Hi baby: 34.5 weeks

Hi baby,

We are on the home stretch! You are growing strong and getting chubby and enjoy poking your elbow all the way out.

The last few doctor's appointments haven't been that great, and I have a few medical issues I'm trying to get through. I still consider myself as having a pretty easy pregnancy all things considered, and I just hope it's not "all downhill from here". I had a moment the other day where I was just feeling fat and lazy and uncomfortable and as I rolled off the couch (because rolling is now my way of getting off the bed/couch) I had a hard time dealing with everything. I had to remind myself once again that this is just a moment in time and my body won't be like this forever. I WILL gain feeling back in my hands, and I will be able to walk down the street or sit in church without getting light headed. I will soon be able to run and move my body again and even sleep on my stomach! I know this moment of time is almost over, and I'm trying to appreciate this experience as best I can.

I think daddy and I are pretty much ready for your arrival! We ordered a stroller/car seat combo online and daddy couldn't wait to get it all set up. As soon as I got home from work he showed me all the knobs and straps and explained how everything worked. I'm sure I'll need a refresher course once there's actually a baby inside that thing....but it was sweet to see him so excited. He has taken to 'nesting' in his own way and the nursery is almost complete! Seeing everything come together and little baby girl clothes hanging in the closet just makes me want to meet you more and more!

This whole motherhood thing is coming to me a little at a time. I find myself relating more to the parents in a book than to the teenagers...I look at families and kids in the neighborhood with a totally different eye. Even this week I looked at the 4th of July holiday a little differently. I hope you realize one day how blessed you are to grow up and live in The United States. I don't really know what it's going to be like for you when you get older, but I do know that it's still the best place to live. You will be free to live and grow in ways girls only dream about in other places. You can get an education and become whatever you want. You will have a voice if/when you want one. You will be respected for your talents and skills and not ignored because you are a woman. I value these things myself, but knowing my daughter is going to be blessed with all of this too is overwhelming. I am so thankful.

I love you little one!

Stay strong and keep growing
xoxo
mom


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...