15.6.16

The difference 6 pounds makes

Weight on a scale. What a stupid and arbitrary number.

Yesterday I had my 20 week check up and the scale at my OB's office said I was 6 POUNDS more than my scale at home. What the heck?? I know I didn't gain 6 pounds in 5 hours. Obviously it's just a different scale (which is why people recommend you only weigh yourself on the same scale every time) 

So why did that number bother me so bad? Why did I go home feeling a little down, and eat a whole pint of ice cream because I was in a "screw it" mood? (other than that ice cream is just sooooo good) Why did I wake up this morning feeling a little less confident about how I look? (even though my scale at home still says the number it did yesterday) 

I don't look different. I didn't gain any extra weight. But it's that dang NUMBER that messes with your mind. Why?

I've talked about this before, but on the other end of the spectrum after losing 25 pounds. And I still have the same thing to say: the number on the scale doesn't matter. I still fit into the same clothes I fit in to last week. I look the same. Obviously that is going to change since I'm pregnant, but that's not the point of this post. 

My point is- I shouldn't feel any different when the scale reads XXX or YYY.

My other point- I'm going to stop looking at my OB's scale. Because it's only going up from here- and until I see a number I'm 1000% OK with that! #babyonboard 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...