19.9.13

2 Cents: Post-Baby Body

One of the things I love about my job and career is the chance I get to know what's going on in this little world of ours! I know Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth broke up. Just like I know that Aaron Alexis was having a mental breakdown just days before he opened fire at a Navy yard and killed 12 people. I get to read opinion pieces about being supermoms (or NOT being supermoms) and watch little girls become YouTube sensations because they break it down on the dance floor. I realized this morning that if it wasn't for this job, I probably wouldn't know a whole lot. Being a hairstylist I was always up to date on celeb gossip because of the magazines at the salon. Luckily this job provides a broad spectrum of information. I'm going to start sharing that information (and my opinions on it) with you! While I get to pick the stories we talk about each morning, I don't get to share my own opinions of them. Until now :)

Today will be quick because I don't have tons of time to write. Today will be about babies. Specifically post-baby bodies.

This article, "4th Trimester Bodies Project Fights 'Unrealistic Expectations' For New Moms" and more specifically the photos with this article are beautiful. It's no surprise that carrying a baby inside your body for  9 months is going to change it. It's a surprise that everyone expects you to bounce back to your pre-baby body ASAP.

Since I'm not a mother or pregnant I can only say so much on this topic. First thing's first. If you have never had a baby then I don't think you have the right to judge someone's post-baby body (Men, especially you. Shut up. No one asked you. Until you push something out of your vagina, NO ONE ASKED YOU). More importantly if you HAVE had a baby then please don't put that pressure onto someone else, even if that pressure was put on you.

We are all in this together ladies. I already have to hear questions about when I"m going to have a baby (every freaking day I hear these questions) and once I do birth a child, I am warning you now: talk about my baby weight and I'll punch you in the face.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...