4.9.14

Hi baby: Sleepy Prayers

Hi baby, 

It's 1:45 am and I'm sitting in your nursery listening to you grunt like a little piggy. You aren't awake, but I had to pump. So even though you have been sleeping since 9:30pm I don't get to enjoy those uninterrupted hours like you do. Still, mommy has come to enjoy being able to sleep 4 hours at a time at night before duty calls and it's pretty great! 

Last night you slept 9pm-4am. 7 hours!! I couldn't belive it and rushed to your side when I woke up at 4 to make sure you were OK. (You were)

I know you won't sleep like this every night, but I will take what I can get when I can! 

I just want you to know that I believe we have a loving Heavenly Father looking out for us. I have experienced his love and help throughout my life, and becoming a mother has only increased those experiences. 

Earlier this week I was awake with you in the middle of the night. You sleep for a 4 hour stretch but then it takes sometimes 2 hours to get you to fall back asleep. The lights are off, I don't really talk to you, but your bright eyes stay open. I was getting really frustrated because I was so tired. I said a little prayer for patience and help. The thought comes to mind that maybe you aren't getting enough food. So the next day I fill your bottle with 6oz instead of the usual 3. You drink 5 of them and pass out for your next nap. 

Throughout the day you eat an average of 4oz and go down for naps within 30-40 minutes of waking up. I realized you have just been hungry! Since you weren't crying or fussy (at all) after feedings I had just assumed you were full. (Silly mom) 

It might seem like such a simple experience, but it has made our days (and nights) 100% different and I know that thought didn't pop into my head on my own. 

There is Someone out there who loves you, who listens to you and who watches out for you. I know it and I hope one day you can come to know it too. 

I love you

Xoxo
Mom 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...