21.12.11

6 Cups of Flour

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate cooking? How bad I am at it? I know a lot of people say that but seriously, I am and it's getting really annoying.

I tried to make Lemon Bars today and they taste horrible. I then decided to make Snickerdoodles because I remember those being pretty tasty and I have never made them before. Fun idea right?!?!? WRONG.

First of all, they should have a warning label put on recipes that say in nice bold letters IF YOU MAKE THIS WITH THE AMOUNTS INDICATED BELOW, YOU WILL BE MAKING FOUR THOUSAND COOKIES.

Seriously?!?! Who needs this many cookies? This recipe could feed the whole city of Murray and lets be honest, not that many people like these cookies anyway. This was an entry in a work recipe book I got from my mom and I want to hunt this lady down and shove snickerdoodles down her throat.  I didn't realize until I looked at the instructions and it is telling me to put in 6 CUPS of flour that this was a large recipe. Now I realize that was my bad for not noticing before I was midway through my little project from hell but I'm not good at this remember?

Also, I freaking hate cold butter. HATE it.Hate hate hate, double hate, LOATHE ENTIRELY.  I had to use my hands pioneer style to mix the butter and sugar because my big fancy KitchenAid couldn't do it so of course I got butter and sugar all over my freshly cleaned floor. (That's another reason why I hate cooking, I make such a big mess) So as I am mixing in those 6 pounds of flour I am kicking myself and looking over at the clock to see if I am even going to have time to finish all of this before I have to be to work at 3.

Let's just say it will be pushing it, and there may or may not be some cookie dough in my freezer by the end of this. Luckily each batch just cooks for 10 minutes but still, there are like a thousand batches to cook soo.....time adds up. This is really making me hate snickerdoodles, I will probably never want to eat them again. Did you know you have to scoop up the extremely sticky dough into a ball and then roll it around in cinnamon sugar? Yeah, not as easy as it sounds, I finally got my system down but the whole time I was doing it all I was thinking about was this blog post and how much I hate cooking. As we speak I am waiting for cookies to finish and apparently 10 minutes is not long enough.

Dear Bart,

I apologize that the laundry is laid out all over our bed not folded and the towels are chillin in the dryer. I was too busy attempting to entertain myself and doing the worst thing I probably could do with my morning off. I wrote this blog post for you because lets be honest, I wasn't about to text you all of this and by the time I get home from work tonight I will probably be over it. Also, will you please eat about 40 cookies tonight so we have some space in our fridge for oh, i don't know, milk? Thanks pookie bear.

Love, Megan.

2 comments:

  1. hahhaha
    megan.
    i'm at work and read this post and laughed out loud to have the cleaning lady look at me funny. i hope you are proud. :)
    love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know how I missed this entry last month... but you are freaking hilarious! (Like Katie, I also laughed out loud). I can just see the whole situation now.... ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...