23.12.12

On the 4th & 3rd day of Christmas

Wow I am really struggling with this whole post-a-day thing! I always have good intentions but at the end of the day, my pillow > my blog.

On the 4th day of Christmas

work was stressful and I had a 10 hour day, but I got through the week and that's what I'm proud of! it was Bart's first day of Christmas break but he was still sick so he spent the day in bed with hot cocoa, ibuprofen and Netflix. Since Bart was out of commission I went to City Creek Center with my sister and did some last minute shopping. I am pretty much done, but she hadn't started yet (she's my father's daughter :). It's nice to go shopping with someone who actually likes it, who knew?! I really enjoy City Creek, even if 80% of the stores are out of my price range!

On the 3rd day of Christmas

we found out Bart has Mono. We took him to the instacare since his tonsils were swollen to the point he couldn't eat, and he kept getting random fevers and other weird symptoms. After telling the doctor he was sick the week earlier for a few days he tested him for Mono and BAM he was right. This doctor wasn't an idiot either, it was a Christmas Miracle! It was probably the most pleasant doctor experience I've ever had and I wasn't even the patient!

I dropped Bart off at home and went to get his prescription and find food that doesn't require much chewing (pudding, apple sauce, yogurt and soup are on the menu for the next few weeks). I also picked up some Lysol wipes. I know it might be pointless, but I scrubbed my apartment as best I could to hopefully clear some of the germs away. I know at this point I have been exposed to Bart and his germs for long enough that if I'm going to get sick, there's not much I can do about it at this point, but that doesn't stop a girl from trying! So now my apartment smells like Lysol and Pinesol instead of death and that makes me feel a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...