20.3.15

Hi Bart, Happy Birthday!

Hi Bart,

Happy birthday! I figured since I write our baby public letters all the time I could write a special letter to you on your special day!

I know you said you feel old turning 29 today- but all I can imagine is the years and years and years we have ahead of us. You are so young ( and so am I!) and we have to much life left to live. I'm thankful every day that I get to live that long life with you.

This last year has been a big change for you- but you are handling fatherhood wonderfully and I couldn't be more proud or more in love with you when I see you with Mckenzie. She loves you (even when she hates you) and her eyes (that look EXACTLY like yours) light up every time you get home. Thank you for loving her so completely and being such a hands on dad. That quality totally makes the top 5 list!

I want to tell you thank you for working so hard for our family, for putting up with the lack of dinners made for you and for finally emptying out the bathroom garbage can. We were in a secret battle to see who would do it first- thank you for caving. Thank you for putting up with my crazy and thanks for admitting when you are being crazy yourself.

I know today was a pretty insane day and we didn't get to see much of each other (you aren't even home now, hence the letter that you will read before I actually see you again) but I hope you realize how special you are and how much I love you.

Thanks for being the man that you are. Every year you get better and I become better because of you.

xoxo
Meg



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...