2.6.15

New Recipe: Zucchini Boats

Hello? Hello?? Anyone there??
Sorry for the radio silence over here. I struggle sometimes.

That being said- I have a new goal! (I know I know- another one? You're welcome) I am going to start making one new recipe a week. I am getting really sick of our current menu options and don't really make dinner anymore because nothing sounds good. I also don't like cooking sooooo this seems to be a good compromise. Instead of coming up with a completely new menu, I am just going to add a new meal every week to test them out. Great (and original!) idea- I know

So yesterday I made Zucchini Boats and they were amazeballs. I didn't share. I shoved them down while my child was distracted so she wouldn't mooch off of mama. I really love zucchinis. I always have a few in my fridge and this time of year is fun because they get HUGE! Some of my favorite ways to eat them would be to just sautee them with seasonings and making zucchini pizza bites (pizza sauce, cheese, done).

This recipe is on my new favorite list. I aint no food blogger so I won't make you scroll through 2840948 pictures just to get to the good stuff. :) Check it out!

Ingredients
Zucchini ( how ever many your family needs. I used one large one for myself)
2T butter
1 clove garlic
shredded parmesean cheese
bread crumbs (optional)
seasonings of choice (I used oregano and thyme)

Directions
- cut your zucchini in half long ways. scoop out the middle to create a boat with thin edges and put "guts" in a medium bowl
- microwave the shells for a few minutes until soft
- melt butter in sauce pan, add chopped up garlic and seasonings. if you had larger chunks of zucchini that came off as you were scooping out the middle, add them in here
- cool slightly and add cheese
- mix butter/cheese mixture with the guts of zucchini into gooey yummyness
- put zucchini shells on a cookie sheet
- fill shells with mixture
- top with bread crumbs and cheese
- bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...