11.4.11

A: annoying

Hello cyber world. Day one of not getting on facebook is nearly complete, and it was much harder than I had anticipated! It just seems to be habit to click on the bookmarked tab or click on the app on my Itouch. (I ended up moving my app to a different location on my touch so I wouldn't accidentally hit it) I have a strange feeling that Bart is going to take advantage of this wayyy too much and post ridiculous things on my page. Oh well, he will be in trouble in a week!

A is for: Annoying cutomers at work!

I officially hate Locks of Love tonight, I had to cut off over 10 inches on two different ladies today and it was awful. First of all, when you take off that much it takes forever to create a brand new style. The first lady had 5 kids and didn't ever spend any time doing her hair but of course wants to be able to wake up, take a shower, snap her fingers and have it be perfect, ( I am here to break it to you, THAT HAIR STYLE DOESN'T EXSIST unless you cut it 2 inches short all over) If you just get out of the shower and go, it looks like it, trust me. I'm sorry, but that is the reality. Anyway, so we get done cutting it and she really likes it. Her husband then comes over and says he hates it blah blah blah. She said okay we can go shorter and I explained that the shorter you go, the more styling she will have (keep in mind she has about 3 times the amount of hair of any regular head). So then the husband just keeps going on about how he doesn't like it and finally I snapped. I told him in a very short tone that I am not going to cut her a hairstyle that I know for a fact she won't style. I said she has 5 kids and there is no way she is going to spend that much time on her hair so this is the best option. Eventually they thanked me for my honesty and left.

Later that night, a lady comes in wanting the same thing. It was all fine until she started talking about how she is an emotional eater and her husband is bipolar and she doesn't know how much longer the marriage is going to last and she is afriad to leave her kids with him and all of this other fun stuff. Let me give you all a glimps into a hair stylists head when you are telling her all sorts of personal details:

I don't care.
How sad for her but I still don't care.
Why is she telling me this?
Is is bad I don't care?
She just needs to stop talking.
I think I just tuned her out for the past few minutes...did she just ask me a question?
Seriously, why is she still talking about all of this?

Moving on, the night didn't end well either. A guy came in 3 minutes before closed and being the good person that I am, did my job and let him get a hair cut. He was crying because he was balding (which I will get to that subject in general in a minute) and said he wants just a little cut off all over. okay cool, 15 minutes later I am now taking off more because it is still too long, and he is still complaining about balding. Then when we are finished he gets up and says, is the top too long? What do you think? I think it looks good because I did exactly what you wanted. I will tell you it looks great even if it didn't because you have made us stay 20 minutes past closing and I want to freaking go home. So as he is ringing up he buys some Nioxin because of his balding head and said he had a coupon but cant find it so I just decided to be nice and give it to him anyway, but there wasn't a discount tab and I couldnt figure out how to do that but he was buying like $50 in product and I didn't want him to change his mind so I gave him a discount on his haircut instead and that was probably the wrong thing to do but I only had the best intentions? Anyway, he finally leaves. Yay for the bald man.

Speaking of bald men, I have something to say to you: GET OVER IT. Seriously, there is nothing you can do about it, so embrace it and make it a part of you instead of clinging to whatever hair you have left and give yoruself some nasty comb over. I mean come on, not having hair is not as bad as it use to be, I really don't think people care that much. I have to sit there every day talking to these middle age men about how their hair use to be so great when they were 20. Ya know what else use to be so great when you were 20? EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU. It's called getting old dude, get over it.



On a happy note, my friend from when I first moved up here came into my work today! I haven't seen her in over a year and she noticed my car outside of work and came to see me! She moved down to Lehi for a long time going to school so we just never saw each other. We sat there and caught up for a while and I am so happy she lives here again! She said she was worried I wouldn't want to talk to her since it has been so long but that is the thing about true, real friends, it doesn't matter how long it has been since I have last talked to them, i always consider them my friends and I always love to see/talk to them. Anyway, I am excited to have her back, she was seriously my saving grace when I first moved up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...