26.4.14

Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps

This past week Bart and I have dominated the kitchen with new recipes. We went back to very strict eating to get back on track and it can be really hard to find flavorful foods. Bart is all about the flavor. I can handle eating brown rice and beans but Bart can only choke that stuff down sparingly. Bart has saved me during my Hashimotos treatment because he is so great at finding alternative recipes that work with my restrictions. He is such a great cook and is willing to experiment. I am lucky to have him in my corner!

I will share most of the recipes we cooked this week, starting with this one (my fav).

 Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps. These things are so dang good. It might seem like a lot of ingredients, but this is a one-pan wonder so it's totally easy. You can add more/less of any ingredients. I ended up adding a little more sesame oil and rice vinegar because I felt like my turkey was getting a little dry (probably because I cook things on too-high)
  • 1 Lb. ground turkey
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp soy sauce
  • 1½ tsp rice vinegar
  • 1 tsp garlic, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp basil, chopped
  • ½ Tbsp lime juice
  • Heat the sesame oil on medium heat in a large sauté pan. Break apart the turkey with a spoon and allow to cook until the turkey is cooked through.
  • Add in the soy sauce, garlic, lime juice and vinegar and allow to cook until the ingredients have cooked into the turkey. (Turn down the heat while you add the ingredients so the flavors don't cook out before they have time to soak into the turkey) 
  • When finished take off the heat and stir in the fresh herbs.
  • Place the turkey mixture into the butter lettuce and top with the slaw.


Asian Slaw- this really completed the meal. I didn't really measure everything out, so just do what you think your family needs. These veggies taste awesome with the sauce tossed in. 
  • purple cabbage, shredded
  • red bell pepper, sliced
  • green bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
  • ½ tsp sesame oil
  • 1 Tbsp soy sauce
  • Combine the vegetables together in a bowl.
  • In a separate bowl combine the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, and whisk together.
  • Pour the dressing into the slaw mixture and toss to combine.


One of my new favorite recipes! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...