5.5.12

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

well kids, I did it. I ran my first 5K. I even got a shirt and medal to prove it. I was the tortoise in this race just slow and steady watching people sprint past me and then having me past them as they ended up walking part of the way. This happened a bunch of times. I'm kind of jealous that they got to walk because I SURE DIDN'T! I ran the whole way and beat my personal time by 4 minutes. I came home and passed out on my bed after because races are a whole different playing field and it took a lot out of me. Bart did excellent too coming in 7 seconds slower than his friend. Go team! I'm happy about the progress we have both made and am excited about our Mud Run in a month!

To be honest, this is the first time in a really long time that I have set a goal and have accomplished and kept with it! I usually fail when it comes to goals but as far as running goes I just keep getting better which makes me happy. My love handles are also gone which makes me even happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...