10.7.15

Book review: 50 Jobs in 50 States




When Bart texted me and said he was at a meeting and listening to a speech from a guy who had 50 jobs in 50 states in 50 weeks, I wanted to read his book. By the end of the book I was disappointed. My suggestion? Think of how cool that idea is, and let your imagination write the story. This book was written from his (Daniel) point of view. He obviously wrote it himself and I think it could have been better if someone else did the writing. Daniel came off as a spoiled brat during some chapters and a total douche in others.

I got halfway through and stopped reading for a while because I got bored. Each chapter summarized a different job in a different state. It wasn't in depth enough to really grab your attention and sometimes you could really tell he was stretching to find any kind of story to tell. It leaves the reader totally bored and not committed to finishing his story. He mentions a weird love interest with a crazy chick that really didn't need to be in the book, but maybe it's just his weird way of getting back at her? His writing was cheesy and hard to read. I was excited to start, but a few chapters in I was over it. I skimmed the last several chapters and totally skipped over the last two. 

That being said, I love the idea! How amazing would it be to visit 50 states in 50 weeks? I think if I had endless money that is a trip I would like to take. His book made me really want to visit Louisiana!

I think it's such a fun idea, but I was disappointed in the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...