31.7.15

SIX new recipes. SIX!

Hey oh hey oh heyyy.

We're still alive and well here at the Bowen household. Life is busy busy busy and I just don't have much time or desire to document every single move we make- hense the radio silence over here.

But I couldn't not share with you all the yummy yummy recipes we have discovered lately! Seriously every  new thing we try is the bomb.com. You all probably already make all of these dishes, but just in case you don't: Enjoy! These are all Pinterest finds because lezbehonest- what else is Pinterest for??

Hawaiian Haystacks
- this has a thicker gravy AKA sauce than usual haystacks. Bart mocked the thickness, but it turned out so yummy!

Berry Salad with Goat Cheese
- we have made some really great stuff on Good Things Utah over the years, but this salad has to be on the top of my list! It was like Zupa's Nuts About Berry salad times a million. The Blueberry Goat Cheese was so creamy and the dressing was perfect. Probably the best salad I've ever had!! I can't wait to make this one at home

Homemade Bolognese Sauce
- I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to spaghetti sauce. Heat up a can of the cheap stuff and I won't complain. But this sauce might have changed my mind forever! The chef made it for zucchini noodles but it works on regular noodles too. Mckenzie loved it too and it was so easy to make!

Crockpot Zupa Toscano Soup
- We like making soup around here. Full of flavor, easy to make and it lasts for a few days and makes tasty leftovers! I asked Bart what kind of soup he wanted and this was his choice. It was pretty easy to find a recipe that we could switch out the half and half and use almond milk instead. There was no taste difference and it was still creamy.

Green Beans, Chicken and Potatoes
I already shared this link on my FB page and several people said they make this all the time. Where have I been?? It was SO good. Bart gave me *the look* when I told him we were going to have chicken and green beans. As soon as he took his first bite he gave back that look and ate the entire pan. We usually don't cook with butter and apparently we have been missing out all this time. It was so easy to make and we enjoyed every bite.

Mustard Balsamic Pork Chops
We had extra pork chops hanging out in the freezer that I wanted to use, but not with  my typical recipe. So I found this online and threw it together quickly after church last week. I really liked the flavor but Bart wasn't a huge fan of this one. The only complaint is that I followed the cooking directions exactly but they were too cooked and came out pretty dry. I think I'll try this again at some point and cook them differently. The flavor is tasty though and it's a lighter way to eat pork chops compared to our typical cream sauce.

Should we talk about how I just shared SIX recipes with you? I know, who am I?? I've started to cook more and more and I *gasp* I'm actually enjoying it! If you have any go-to recipes, I'm all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...