14.7.15

Book review: What Alice Forgot



After seeing this book pop up all over the blogging world and on Pinterest I decided to give it a try. I haven't really been on an author kick lately, so anything goes.

The premise of the book intrigued me and for the most part it didn't disappoint once I started reading. The main character wakes up after bumping her head not remembering the past 10 years. She still thinks she is madly in love and pregnant with her first baby. Turns out she has three kids and is getting divorced. 

80% of the book is about Alice trying to figure out what happened to her life. How could so much happen in just 10 years? It was cool to see how her younger personality affected her now older life. It makes you stop and think about all the positive traits you have that maybe society says you need to grow out of. It was disheartening to see a seemingly perfect relationship not make it to the 10 year mark and all the reasons why. Toward the end the author throws a curve ball and as I read the last chapter I was about to be pretty upset. But everything ends happy, even if it's not how you think. 

This was a fun and entertaining book and the Internet reviews didn't leave me disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...