20.2.12

Alma 7:23

Bart and I were having scripture study when we came across this scripture:

Alma 7:23

And now I would that ye should be humble and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.

This scripture really stuck out to me tonight. I wonder why in the list of things we should do -be humble, submissive, patient, diligent- that asking for what we need, spiritually and temporally, is on that list. Isn't that cool? The fact that we are commanded to ask for things? I think maybe sometimes we may feel like we shouldn't ask for temporal things because we don't want to seem greedy or worldly or prideful, but I don't think God sees it that way. I think as long as we realize that EVERYTHING we have is a blessing from Him, He is more than happy to help us out.

Bart and I have been blessed both spiritually and temporally more than I ever expected, and I know it all comes from God, and I am thankful for everything we have. I am also thankful to know that God wants us to ask for his help. it's a pretty great thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...