12.12.14

The baby gadgets I never used

Life is funny. First few months of life with baby is even more amusing. And by amusing I mean straight up h-e-double hockey sticks with a big fat slice of heaven with a piece of candy on top. 

That being said, there are lots of things to buy for your first child. If you followed this blog you would recall that Meggy didn't buy much of anything until the last possible second. Then I would buy it and BAM we wouldn't need it anymore. *cue emoji with straight line face* 

For example:

THE breastfeeding pillow. Breastfeeding was a big hot mess for me. A week in and I visited with a lactation consultant who used this magic pillow and.... ITS WORKING!! SHE IS LATCHED AND IM NOT IN PAIN HALLELUJIA. I had to buy the pillow since it was the only missing factor. Obvi. 

3 days later that $50 pillow found its permanent home in the corner of her nursery 

Speaking of pillows, we bought a $75 double sided pregnancy pillow that made my bed feel like a prison and that thing spent most of its days on the floor. Thank you and amen. 

Moving right along...

Breast milk storage bags. One day I'm successfully pumping lots of milk like a mama cow. I had been able to freeze extra milk daily and I was down to the last 5 bags. Naturally I bought a box with 100 more. I never used those last 5 bags ($17 bucks sitting in my pantry unopened) 

Baby shoes. I never bought a pair, but we got several from friends and I'm sorry to say my daughter's feet have never known the restrictive feeling of shoes. We be hippies like that

So there are a few things we bought and never used. There's more but I can't think of them at the moment. Next time around I'll post the baby things I use daily that are just oh so handy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...