10.6.12

"Be ye thankful," Col. 3:15

Ah 7:30 a.m. wake up calls...by Mother Nature...I hate you.

Maybe one day I will be able to sleep in later than that!

This weekend was pretty lame, I worked two long shifts Friday and Saturday so we didn't really do much. Last night Bart really wanted to do something but we couldn't find anything to do. Does anyone have any tips on finding things to do in Salt Lake? Because there must be something to do on a Saturday night...right?

Well since it's Sunday I think I want to start doing a Sunday blog about what made me happy/what I'm thankful for this past week. Creative? no. Still a good idea? yes.

This is part of my favorite scripture:  

When thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God, Alma 37:37

Gratitude:  A Path to Happiness


"Gratitude requires awareness and effort, not only to feel it but to express it. Frequently we are oblivious to the Lord’s hand. We murmur, complain, resist, criticize; so often we are not grateful."

"Gratitude is a Spirit-filled principle. It opens our minds to a universe permeated with the richness of a living God. Through it, we become spiritually aware of the wonder of the smallest things, which gladden our hearts with their messages of God’s love. This grateful awareness heightens our sensitivity to divine direction. When we communicate gratitude, we can be filled with the Spirit and connected to those around us and the Lord. Gratitude inspires happiness and carries divine influence. “Live in thanksgiving daily,” said Amulek, “for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you.” "

Even just sitting here thinking about all of the things I am thankful for, big and small, is pretty overwhelming. I'm having a really hard time figuring out which thing to write down first. So, these are in no particular order :)

my healthy body
my kind, loving husband
a warm place to sleep...that has Air Conditioning
my mind
sunshine
my sisters, brothers and parents
breakfast food...even at dinner
my talents that help me at my job and in school
prayer
church
good friends
new roads on 9th east...no more dodging pot holes!
my internship
temples

"He who receives all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious," D&C 78:19

this list seems lame after everything I was thinking about in my head, but it's hard to write down every little thing you're thankful for. I know everything I have comes from my Heavenly Father, and that knowledge alone is something that I am most grateful for. Happy Sunday everyone!

"Cease not to give thanks" Eph. 1:15-16


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...