28.6.12

goals, deliciousness and running

This is why I don't make specific goals -like blogging 5 days a week for the summer. I mean lets be honest, no one is going to be upset if I don't blog 5 days a week so i'm kind of failing at the whole blog 5 days a week thing. Also, when I have free time I don't want to spend it on the computer. I want to spend it on my couch in the horizontal position napping. Or i have been spending it running because our 10K is next Wednesday. or my cute funny husband is always home so i'm not spending my time blogging, and i'm sorry? but not really.

that being said, I must admit we are dominating my summer list so that's happy. I still need to watch Star Wars and go camping, but we are only 30 days into my 80 days so I'm not too concerned.

I have been cooking though. In fact, I have cooked all this week! Go me. I made delicious beef enchiladas that were delicious and really good and did I mention they were delicious? because they were. and they were gone by the end of the day. that's one thing I don't love about cooking. you cook and spend all that time and then BAM it's all gone. oh well, they were tasty.

i have also finally been losing some weight. I haven't exactly had a specific goal in mind because I have a health teacher for a husband who is constantly reminding me that the number on the scale doesn't matter (which it doesn't). however, I have lost 14 pounds which is pretty cool, despite not caring about the number on the scale. I say it's cool that I have lost 14 pounds but when I really think about it I should probably be annoyed a little bit since it has taken me 8ish months. and I'm even stretching it because technically I didn't start at my highest weight 8ish months ago, so if I'm only counting the past 8 months than I have lost 10 pounds...in 8 months. not exactly the numbers most people are wanting. I'll admit it has been frustrating at times but all in all it's been awesome. I haven't altered my lifestyle in an unrealistic way, I still eat sugar and I don't count my calories. Obviously I don't eat a ton of food but those habits have just happened the more active I have become. I can also run more than 5 miles, which is pretty bad ass if I do say so myself. I never thought I would be a runner, or would be able to run but I am and I can. I'm more proud of my running progress than I am the number on the scale. As for my pant size? (it's on my summer list) I am in-between sizes which I guess is cool but it would be cooler if the in-between became just in so I could fit properly in my clothes.

speaking of running, June sucks for running. it's 80 degrees at 7 am which kind of puts a damper on the running outside thing. and running on a treadmill is boring so I have ran about half as much as I ran the last 2 months. Bad news. I'm hoping I can come up with a better system because it's not like July is going to cool down any. I just need to wake up early and go running but it's really hard to get out of bed when there is a warm sleeping body next to you right? because if i'm getting out of bed it makes me want to punch that warm sleeping body in the face because he gets to stay in bed...

well that's about all i had to say today, i hope you feel smarter and happier after reading. july is going to be a really fun month so i will be sharing all that happiness with the cyber world. you're welcome?

1 comment:

  1. I would suggest listening to an audible book while u run. Makes the time fly for sure! Also I'm very proud and jealous of u and all your weight/running accomplishments. u whore! haha xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...